Monday, July 18, 2005

Here she is, the Accidental Housekeeper...

I am 31 years old, a returning student, and a mom who loves being a mom. I am, however, not a very good housekeeper (many of my friends and former roommates could attest to this.) Back in the days when it was just me in my stinky-ass apartment, this was fine. I just never had company, except for those few really close friends who knew what to expect from me.

Now that my primary job is that of nurturing children (my own and my steps) this has become an issue. I know children thrive in a well-organized non-chaotic environment. And I know, as fabulous as my kids are, they would be a lot happier and more secure if I could just get my shit together. Heck, I know I would be a lot happier and more secure if I could just get my shit together.

This is my journey to peace. I am starting college full time in exactly two months, at which point my fabulous nanny/friend/surrogate grandma will be taking charge of the babes five hours a day. I know the home will be a lot more peaceful with her around, but I need to get it back to a place she can work in.

Eight weeks. A baby and a preschooler, plus two school-age kids. Eleven rooms, plus a garage.
No skills.

I embark upon a my quest for peace and cleanliness.

Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home