Monday, July 25, 2005

I am an asshole.

Of course, I thought it goes without saying:

God Bless the victims of the London Terrorism. God Bless their souls.

And the victims of the Tsunami. And the Victims of the American Terrorist Attacks.

I can only process so much at a time.

It's so much easier to worry about what's wrong with the inside of my own house, but isn't that the problem with us Americans?

I guess being raised free and relatively safe makes it harder for us to wrap our minds and hearts around all the suffering in the world. Which doesn't make it right.

I wish our country could have a leader to help us process all of this, instead of one who causes most of it. I wish we could have a leader that would say "Let's do this to make the world better. This is how we reach out to the world." Because, frankly, I don't know what I need to do, beyond my own four walls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home