Friday, September 02, 2005

Wherein Nature inadvertantly smacks my spoiled, pouty face.

Recent events have me crying and counting my blessings. Thank you, dear blogfriend (you know who you are) for your words of encouragement. And Thanks, Mo, for the offer of a break. I will take you up on it ASAP.

Tomorrow we are supposed to leave for what was once planned as being a fun weekend without the kids. Then it became frought with tension, then up in the air about what we would do once there. I am so over it. If my tickets were the regular, refundable kind, I would cash 'em in and send diapers and formula to New Orleans. I can't imagine enjoying myself with what's going on so close to home.

Since I can't cash'em, I will go, and enjoy my husband, who is still alive and buys me food and clean water. I am in no position to send any kind of financial help to the Gulf . Give me some ideas. Maybe set up a foundation for the orphans of this storm?? And fund it when I get out of school? (I briefly considered spending all my student aid down there and blowing off the quarter, but that's stealing.)

Speaking of stealing, did anybody see that spot W did on Good Morning America? When Diane Sawyer (I think) asked him about people who are stealing diapers and food for their children in response to his take on looting, he said something along the lines of "There will be no tolerence for breaking the law."

I hope the War Crimes tribunal has the same attitude when he's on trial.

I weep for the future.

I guess I should go enjoy a few days of decadence, because the way this country is headed I doubt I'll see any more chances like that in the Post-Bush future. It's all gonna be illegal search and seizure, civil unrest, huge energy crisis, (note to self...hook a up a generator to the internet) and grinding our own wheat.

Ambien kicking in, must sleep. More later. I have a lot of predictions for the next ten years.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marti said...

I have a suggestion for something you can do to help that doesn't cost anything.

Please don't pass this off as spam or self-promoting hoo-ha from me, 'cause you know I have posted comments here before.

I am helping a friend who loves animals and is involved with rescue efforts for animals caught in the Hurricane. Simply placing a text link to Noah's Wish, or the banner I have on my blog, on YOUR blog, will alert people to the great work this group is doing.

It doesn't cost you anything but a few minutes of your time.

Thank you.

{{And somewhere a wet little puppy says thank you, only it sounds like "arf arf!" LOL}}

4:34 AM  
Blogger Moveelvr said...

You know we'll leave the light on for ya!

I hear your frustration about the current situation with relief efforts. Apparently the feet dragging extends beyond the gov't. Our company was acquirred by a larger company that seems to have a social conscience. I inquired what we were going to do as far as donating. With the tsunami they generously donated a large cash sum and also matched personal employee contributions to relief agencies.

After hearing nothing about it all week I asked yesterday and the only response I got back was "we are looking at options"

11:27 AM  
Blogger The Accidental Housekeeper said...

Marti...I can't find the code for that banner... forward it to me and I'll put it up.

Mo...Ahh, corporate foot-dragging. It's the american way.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home