Thursday, November 17, 2005

Almost done!

Only two weeks to go before final exams. I am dangerously close to an A minus in two of my classes, must get them up before the end of the quarter.

I am not a perfectionist, I just need straight A's (or pretty dang near) to have any hope of being accepted into the Rad Tech program. I was happy with my B plus in chemistry last spring but now that I know how many people are competing for so few openings I am starting to sweat it and I'm considering taking it over again to try and improve my GPA.

In other news, I am starving financially. Moving our store to the more upscale location has been good for business, but we've yet to see a paycheck. With holidays coming I feel the strain more acutely: not just presents, but my house starts to look really shoddy and I want to do things like pay someone to clean my carpets really well or replace the tile in the shower. These are dreams never to be, at this point I will be lucky to be able to pay for the thanksgiving dinner my parents tricked us into having. ("We're going out of town for Thanksgiving, you should invite your brother over." And then "oh, we aren't leaving until friday, so we'll join you." ) Maybe that's an exaggeration, but I'm off the patch because I can't afford it and I've been putting gas into my car $5.00 at a time. I even stopped paying to park at school, instead opting to walk ten blocks and be late for class instead. (Sure, you say I could leave earlier, but you don't pay my babysitter now, do you?)

Yet I must remind myself thatI have food (albeit no goodies) a warm place to live, a healthy family, at the risk of sounding like a spoilt brat. (which I am)

It's kicking into high gear here for finals time, so I may not post again until December. Happy Thanksgiving and count your blessings. Send cranberries.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marti said...

This time of year gets very stressful for everyone - sorry you are being hit with all this extra burden!

I hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

With Christmas coming, business should see an increase (said the lady desperately looking for an optimitic note - LOL)

Hugs to you!

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home