Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Batteries Charged.

I had a great weekend in Reno, the wedding was a beautiful outdoor affair, we spent some time gambling, winning just enough to justify losing more (whoops) and seeing family. We were able to swing staying in a couple of nice hotels, and we had dinner oone night at a fantastic Japanese place. (I had the Chateaubriand, of all things, Tepanyaki style. Buttah, I tell ya.)

John and I had several good laughs, and I remember more clearly why I love him. A good weekend, in all, and most importantly for me, recharged my batteries for at least another few months. I was reaching critical levels of self-pity beforehand, and now I just feel stupid. Yeah, poor me. I think I need a good bitch-slap every now and again, but a weekend away works much better. I must find a way to do it more often.

Now, to spend time with my kids, I missed them terribly.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marti said...

I'm so happy for you! Glad you hd a chance to get away and "rediscover" each other!

Husband and I were married in Reno - we eloped there! LOL!

6:12 AM  
Blogger Moveelvr said...

I think it was the chicken fried steak. Glad you had a good trip.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home